Medicina Laboral de Venezuela C.A.provides all companies affiliated this mandatory aspect of LOPCYMAT with the Department of Safety and Health at Work (joint or own) as part of their legal obligation, which is specified in the statistics each quarter that are delivered when our accept our service customers. These statistics have no additional cost to customers who hire us for medical services.
Epidemiological Surveillance, according to the Technical Standards Program Safety and Health at Work,
"It's an ongoing process of collection and analysis of occupational health problems and their determinants, followed by promotion and prevention, in order to know the characteristics of working conditions and health of large sections of the working population, serving to optimize resources and program priorities of promotion, prevention and protection. "
The Epidemiological Surveillance System of Occupational Health, according to the same Technical Standard Security Program and Health at Work, which is referred:
... "system with functional capacity for data collection, analysis and dissemination of data related to the Programs Safety and Health at Work. Covers all activities at the level of the individual, group, business, community, region or country, to identify and evaluate any significant impairment of health caused by working conditions and to monitor the overall health of the workers or workers. "
A summary of the legal issues and referred to the Technical Standards INPSASEL.
Epidemiological Surveillance System of Occupational Accidents and Illnesses
The LOPCYMAT Partial Regulations, Article 34 establishes the basics of all Epidemiological Surveillance System of Occupational Accidents and Diseases. According to the article, the Department of Safety and Health at Work is responsible for developing and maintaining this monitoring system. and should be collected and recorded permanently among other data the following information:
- Common accidents.
- Accidents at work.
- Common diseases.
- Occupational diseases.
- Results of tests performed on workers health.
- References workers to specialized centers.
- Bed rest accidents and occupational diseases.
- Disabled people.
- Risk factors, processes and major hazardous health effects.
- Control measures at the source, in the environment and workers.
According to the same Article 34 of the Partial Regulations LOPCYMAT, the Departments of Health and Safety at Work must submit to INPSASEL, quarterly reports of surveillance of occupational accidents and occupational diseases.
The Technical Standards Program Safety and Health at Work, refers to the Epidemiological Surveillance System and mentions the following:
- The Department of Safety and Health at Work must record, analyze, interpret and disseminate all information from the individual and collective assessments of the health of workers and accidents, incidents and occupational diseases.
- The Department of Safety and Health at Work, shall keep the Prevention Delegates and workers on the statistics of accidents, public and occupational diseases, injuries affecting workers, policies designed the necessary actions aimed at promotion and dissemination of statistics workplace.
- The statistics should be published monthly, keeping the principles of confidentiality of workers. In companies which provide security services and health working together, we provide a format for filling and monthly.
All (public or private) companies must have epidemiology workplace and store the data for at least 10 years.